Limited size of graphics

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
faulknor

Limited size of graphics

Beitrag von faulknor »

Hi!

Please tell me what caused the old limit for the size of passive graphics (4 cells or 64 pixels in height) and caused the new one (192 pixels). For some objects, it looks insufficient.
Jan Bochmann
Re: Limited size of graphics

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,
faulknor hat geschrieben:Hi!

Please tell me what caused the old limit for the size of passive graphics (4 cells or 64 pixels in height) and caused the new one (192 pixels). For some objects, it looks insufficient.
As larger the objects, as more of them can overlap when drawing a single element (cell). In result, any enlargement of the height will make the graphics output slow down.

In general, high objects are used sparely, because they make invisible all other data behind them.

Regards,
Jan Bochmann
faulknor

Beitrag von faulknor »

Thanks for your answer, Jan!

However, there is still a question with high-rise buildings - real skyscrapers 40+ floors, television towers. Perhaps you can make a couple of files with a higher height limit than the rest?
Seb144

Beitrag von Seb144 »

faulknor hat geschrieben:Thanks for your answer, Jan!

However, there is still a question with high-rise buildings - real skyscrapers 40+ floors, television towers. Perhaps you can make a couple of files with a higher height limit than the rest?
Hello Faulknor,

to create such high buildings simply compose them by using several separate graphic elements. E. g. there are already user graphics for the Berlin TV Tower that have to be combined to create the impression of a tall building.

In my layout I'm using one of them as well as another set for a high rise hotel building at Berlin Alexander square. They work without any problems.

Regards,

Sebastian

http://www.bahn1989.berlin
Antworten