data corruption under bahn3.84.3

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
broodje

data corruption under bahn3.84.3

Beitrag von broodje »

Hi,

I have a little problem with bahn3.84 beta3. I made a map of the Netherlands with RRLINE, a tool that makes bahn maps from GIS data. It creates a *.bna file which you can import. This works fine in bahn3.83.
In bahn 3.84 however it does load and it says it saves the file, but when I try to load the file it complains about data corruption.
I don't have this problem with games I opened and saved from older bahn versions, only importing and saving *.bna files makes corrupt save files.

You can find RRLINE here: http://www.xs4all.nl/~wanl0049/rrline.htm Should I upload the corrupted save file? or are bna files 'unsupported'?

thanks, Daan
broodje

Re: data corruption under bahn3.84.3

Beitrag von broodje »

DOH! [img]icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]icon_redface.gif[/img]

so'rry, my mistake I edited the wrong line in the perl script (to make larger layouts posible ;)) Strangely enough bahn didn't complain about it. It all run fine... except it could not be saved properly.
Jan Bochmann

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,

BNA is supported in 3.84 too. Normally, there are no changes compared with 3.83. The new layout extensions 32768x32768 should work.

The .bna file -as a normal text file- may be coded as ANSI, Unicode or Unicode Big Endian. The same is with text files that are included via the "INFOTEXTFILE" command.

AFAIK, there is a problem if such a text file is coded as Unicode self. Then some data mismatch will be created. Other problems are unknown at the moment, however they may exist...

Regards
Jan B.
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Hello.

I have tested version 3.83 until the end of time frame.
And I have been really surprised - positively.
Afterwards I've read that you are already working on version 3.84.
I'd like to buy this particular one but it has not been released yet.

Do you approximately have any idee when version 3.84 will be ready to be bought?
I hope so.
Thank you in advance and keep going this awesome project

Chris
Mirko Cisar

Beitrag von Mirko Cisar »

Howdie!

I'm not Jan but the general answer is the well known Michaelangelo answer: "I come to an end when I'm ready." He used to say it to the Pope when painting the ceiling of the Sixtinian Chapel. Similar with Bahn, Jan publishes the new version if all features he wanted are implemented and result of beta tests is positive.

However, traditionally people who register directly before publication of a new version (up to 2 months or so) get the new one free of charge, all other users of the last two or three versions get a discount according to the price list in the readme file. So it is not really a loss of money for you if you register now - it's one of time if you don't [img]icon_wink.gif[/img]

Mirko
Antworten