Wanted: "Pre-Signal" graphics and info

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Jan Bochmann
Wanted: "Pre-Signal" graphics and info

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,

In the future, we will have something like this:

Bild

where yellow/green "pre-signals" may define a speed-restriction, depending on the status of a red/green "main signal".

Now, there is the question for suitable mechanical pre-signals for the English / US semaphore signals in BAHN, ie something for replacing the '?' in the following picture:

Bild

Ofcourse, needed in 4 (or 8) directions... Is there a website showing suitable signals? If there are multiple versions (I assume, yes), what is a "most common" one? And, is "pre-signal" and "main signal" a correct term for that I'm talking about?

Grtx and Thanx for help
Jan B.
Sascha Claus

Re: Wanted: "Pre-Signal" graphics and info

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">And, is "pre-signal" and "main signal" a correct term for that I'm talking about?</tr></td></table>
Leo says no:
Hauptsignal = home signal
Vorsignal = advance/approach/distant/warning signal
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
Alex420-V160

Beitrag von Alex420-V160 »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote"><table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">And, is "pre-signal" and "main signal" a correct term for that I'm talking about?</tr></td></table>
Leo says no:
Vorsignal = advance/approach/distant/warning signal</tr></td></table>I think "warning signal" ist the most used calling for a "Vorsignal".

Alex
Die dreisten Lügen überwiegen. Stuttgart 21.
DW

Beitrag von DW »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote"><table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote"><table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">And, is "pre-signal" and "main signal" a correct term for that I'm talking about?</tr></td></table>
Leo says no:
Vorsignal = advance/approach/distant/warning signal</tr></td></table>I think "warning signal" ist the most used calling for a "Vorsignal".

Alex</tr></td></table>Sorry to disagree, but in the UK these terms all have very exact meanings.

A "Vorsignal" is always called a distant signal. A "Hauptsignal" is a stop signal.

Advance and Home and Starter are all different postions at stations, but all are stop signals..

This diagram explains distant, home, inner home, outer home, starter and advance starter:
Bild

http://ukhrail.uel.ac.uk/glossary/sigs.html has a good article on this with the diagrams (as animated .gif) that JB wanted.

For the US see http://www.railway-technical.com/US-sig.html
Zuletzt geändert von DW am Dienstag 30. August 2005, 18:43, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Hris

Beitrag von Hris »

Hello

I have hear a pdf with a exsample for the English / US semaphore signals
distant signal: http://rapidshare.de/files/4537754/qrc.pdf.html

Hris
Timm

Beitrag von Timm »

Hallo,
The new "distat signals looks great. Does to every stop singnal belong a distant signal in BAHN?

Timm
Bastiaan

Beitrag von Bastiaan »

Very good idea! With that feature I my trains wont stop at 140 km/h no more [img]icon_smile.gif[/img]
Will it also be possible to let a signal be red, yellow and red (so advance and home signal in one)? Because in the Netherlands home signals can be advance signals too.

http://www.ivw.nl/seinenboeksite/lichtseinen.htm

Bastiaan
Niederländische Grafiken für BAHN -- Jetzt nicht mehr auf DutchBahn, aber auf Trapho.net!
Timm

Beitrag von Timm »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Very good idea! With that feature I my trains wont stop at 140 km/h no more [img]icon_smile.gif[/img]
Will it also be possible to let a signal be red, yellow and red (so advance and home signal in one)? Because in the Netherlands home signals can be advance signals too.

http://www.ivw.nl/seinenboeksite/lichtseinen.htm

Bastiaan
</tr></td></table>
That is in Germany the same at the Ks_System and the Hi System (estern Germany)
Timm
DW

Beitrag von DW »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Hello

I have hear a pdf with a exsample for the English / US semaphore signals
distant signal: http://rapidshare.de/files/4537754/qrc.pdf.html

Hris</tr></td></table>But only if I pay rapidshare for a premium account! They refuse to let me have it otherwise.
Jan Bochmann

Hallo,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Hallo,
The new distant signals looks great.
</tr></td></table>

The German mechanical ones are designed by Jörg Thamm, Berlin.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
Does to every stop signal belong a distant signal in BAHN?
</tr></td></table>

I am not sure what you exactly mean.

1. For any stop signal type (except grade crossing signals) there will be created a suitable distant signal version. Water way and tram signals inclusive.

2. In a BAHN layout, you may build no, one or more distant signals for one stop signal. In result, it is possible to set some distant signals in a series (similar to German "Vorsignal-Wiederholer" signals), giving each another speed (eg. 80km/h, 60km/h, 40, 20).

Grtx
Jan B.
Jan Bochmann

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote"> With that feature my trains wont stop at 140 km/h no more :o)

Bastiaan

That is in Germany the same at the Ks_System and the Hl System (Eastern Germany)

Timm</tr></td></table>

For that, we would need 3-state-signals. Exactly said, much more variety...

Actually, BAHN does not support any 3-state-elements. However, we are thinking about it.

Grtx
Jan B.
Bastiaan

Beitrag von Bastiaan »

Would be cool if that's possible [img]icon_smile.gif[/img]
Niederländische Grafiken für BAHN -- Jetzt nicht mehr auf DutchBahn, aber auf Trapho.net!
Christopher Spies

Beitrag von Christopher Spies »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Hello,

In the future, we will have something like this:

...</tr></td></table>

Cooooool [img]icon_cool.gif[/img] , so finally the BAHN users have managed to annoy Jan Bochmann enough that he will submit to the frequently-expressed demand for distant signals [img]icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .

If more users demand shunting signal graphics, we'll probably get those eventually, too [img]icon_razz.gif[/img] !

Thank you very much,
- Christopher
Jan Eisold

Beitrag von Jan Eisold »

Well, earm, I gess the german HI (DR) Version should be improved in the future. The graphic doesn´t look like a "Vorsignal" ... [img]icon_wink.gif[/img]

MfG Jan
- schöner leben ohne nazis -
DW

Beitrag von DW »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">... http://ukhrail.uel.ac.uk/glossary/sigs.html has a good article on this ...</tr></td></table>ANother useful site is http://www.signalbox.org/signals.shtml
Antworten